The quickest, easiest, most reliable mushroom kit we've ever seen!
With this handy kit you'll soon be picking delicious fresh mushrooms straight from the windowsill, at a fraction of the cost of buying them at the supermarket. Kit comprises base tray, lid and pre-spawned substrate.
Dimensions: 17.5cm (7") x 27.5cm (11") x 8cm (3½") depth.
Mushrooms are marvellous! Low in calories, high in protein and great sources of fibre - for those on plant-based diets. They also provide you with B vitamins, selenium, potassium, copper and can help with the production of vitamin D. And they're delicious too! Saute, fry, roast or create superb soups.
Full growing instructions included.
Always wash your hands before you handle any of the kits to avoid bacteria contaminating the substrates and development of other moulds.
This kit contains a base tray, colonised substrate, a bag of cover compost and a plastic lid.
1. Take the bag with cover compost from the base tray and store it in a cool place.
2. Set the base tray with the plastic lid on top aside for + 4 days at a temperature of 20–25°C. After this period, the substrate will have turned completely white with fungus (mycelium).
3. Now take the bag with cover compost and punch ten holes in each side. Put the bag in 0.5 litres of water for 20 minutes, open the bag and spread the cover compost evenly and loosely over the substrate.
4. Now put the tray aside with the lid closed for 5–8 days, at a temperature of 20–25°C. In this period, the mycelium will grow through the layer of cover compost to the surface. Once the cover compost is covered with white mycelium, put the tray in a cooler space of 15–18°C.
5. Make sure that the surface of the cover compost does not dry out by regularly mist spraying with a plant spray.
6. If a good number of pins appear, you may water the set with a watering can. The substrate and cover compost should be moist, but not too wet. The mushrooms firs appear at the edges, and later in the centre.
7. Harvesting: Take a mushroom between your fingertips and carefully pull it out with a twist of the hand. Do not pull out without twisting and do not harvest undersized mushrooms. Always water
regularly to prevent the cover substrate from drying out.
8. If all mushrooms have been harvested, water again. After around a week, new mushrooms appear. This process may repeat itself three times.
Good Luck & Bon Appetit !
Orders are despatched promptly by post or parcel carrier. Seasonal items such as plants are sent separately with the estimated delivery times stated against each variety both in our catalogue and on our website.
Small items are sent by Royal Mail and larger items by courier. When ordering large items please provide your phone number so that the courier can contact you if necessary.
Please note that when several items are ordered they may not all be delivered at the same time.
Packet seed only will incur a carriage charge of £2.99.
All other products incur a carriage charge of £4.99.
If your order comprises of a combination of carriage charges then a combined carriage charge of £6.99 will be applied.
Dobies wants to ensure that all of our plants are delivered to you in the best condition for planting. Unfortunately there are some postcodes that take longer to deliver to and therefore we can not guarantee this, so we are sorry to advise that we do not ship live plants to the following areas; HS, IV41-IV56, KW15-KW17, PA34, PA41-48, PA60-PA78, PA80, PH40-PH44, TR21-TR25, ZE1-ZE3.
Non Standard Deliveries
Unfortunately like many companies in our industry we are currently only able to supply orders to UK based customers, excluding those in Northern Ireland. We are committed to finding a way that we can resume or normal services again as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvience caused.
Very Large items
If ordering any large items marked a surcharge of £5 per item will be applied. These items are also not available to areas and postcodes shown under non standard deliveries. We may need to contact you regarding delivery so please provide a contact number with all orders.
Prices include VAT where applicable.
We reserve the right to contact you and advise an additional charge where necessary and are happy to quote for carriage of specific products to more remote areas. Some items may not be available to all areas.
We reserve the right to revise any carriage charges in the event of carrier price increase or other unforeseen circumstances. We will always advise of the carriage charge before payment is taken.
All Dobies products should reach you in perfect condition, just as they left us. If you are dissatisfied in any way with their condition on arrival, please let us know within 14 days. We are only liable for the cost of the goods as quoted on the website plus the cost of delivery if the goods are faulty.
There aren't currently any reviews for this product. Be the first to leave a review below.
Mushroom Windowsill Kit - Chestnut
These are our best value plugs plants. These 5cm plugs are great for confident gardeners and should be potted on before planting out.
Great value, robust plug plants for easy handling and care. These 7cm tall plants need potting on but provide a brilliant balance between value and effort.
Requiring little effort, these 12cm tall plug plants are ready to plant in the ground, once the threat of frosts has passed, kick starting your summer bedding display.
We nurture cuttings into these 12cm super plugs for you, offering fantastic value and very little effort. Plant out or pot on for the best results.
Our 9cm potted plants are amazing value and will give your garden a spectacular summer boost. Plant out or pot on for the best results.
Our supersized range of bedding plants will add a huge amount of colour and style to your garden, grown to provide instant impact from delivery!