Free potato recipies
A selection of tasty potato themed recipies created by our very own veg specialist., connect on facebook and let us know how you got on.
Spicy New Potato Salad
Country leek and Potato Patties
Flavoursome Coriander Baked Potatoes
Speedy Potato Latkes
- 1 tblsp mild curry paste
- 1 tblsp mango chutney
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tblsp tomato puree
- 1 tblsp Worcester sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tblsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tblsp natural yogurt
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 675g new potatoes ,scrubbed, halved and boiled but firm (varieties such as Charlotte,Anya, International Kidney)
- 2/3 chopped spring onions
- To add interest, add crisply grilled bacon chopped into chunks.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and season well.
- Coat the dressing over the potatoes and stir well, adding the onions and bacon if chosen.
Can be served warm or chilled with a variety of savoury dishes.
- 250g floury potatoes such as Maris Piper, King Edwards, Picasso and Rooster, peeled and diced
- 200g cleaned, trimmed and sliced leeks ( Belton, Megaton, Duraton, Poulton)
- 50g Farmhouse mature cheese, grated
- 25g Plain flour
- 1 bunch salad onions, finely chopped
- 25g butter
- Place potatoes into a sauce pan and cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for 9 – 10mins, steaming leeks over the top until tender.
- Drain and mash the potatoes
- Stir in the butter cheese and onions,
- Stir in the leeks
- Divide the mixture into eight portions.
- Allow to thoroughly chill.
- Once chilled, use the flour to shape into Pattie cake forms and then fry on bothsides until golden brown and crisp.
- 4 large baking potatoes (Picasso, Lady Balfour, Desiree)
- 1 small onion
- 20g chopped coriander (saving some sprigs for garnish)
- 200g low fat cream cheese (saving a little for garnish)
- 200g spinach
- 3x15 ml vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Wash potatoes, prick with a fork and bake for 1hr – 75mins
- Peel and chop the onion and fry in 15ml oil
- Scoop the cooked potato from the skins and mix with cream cheese and chopped coriander. Season well.
- Pile potato back into skins, sprinkle with oil and return to the oven for 5 – 10 mins.
- Cook the spinach according to instructions.
- Place spinach over potatoes and garnish with cream cheese and coriander before serving.
- 25g butter
- 1kg thinly sliced waxy potatoes such as Marie Peer, Swift, Charlotte
- 1 large white onion, finely sliced
- 200g gruyere / mild cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- grated nutmeg
- 125ml single cream
- Grease a large casserole dish with a little butter
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Put boiled water into a large saucepan, bring to the boil and add prepared potatoes and onions.
- Drain well and allow to cool a little.
- Put a layer of potato and onion into bottom of prepared dish, season with salt and pepper, & nutmeg. Pour in a little cream and grated cheese. Repeat this process until all ingredients have been used.
- Cover and put into preheated oven, bake for 1 hour and complete by grilling to give golden brown top.
- 2 large potatoes (Vivaldi, Picasso, Valor)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 25g S.R. flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- oil for frying
- Peel and grate potato, squeezing out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix the egg, flour and onion and then stir in the prepared potato and season well.
- Heat a little oil in frying pan and then drop batter mixture into pan a tablespoon at a time.
- Cook each latke for two minutes and then turn over flattening with the back of the spoon.
- When golden brown, serve immediately while crisp and hot.