Growing a nitrogen lifter and a fixer together is the best way of improving soils over winter. Rye and Vetch are excellent companions and usually very reliable. Variety: Rye/Vetch over-winter mix. 140g covers approximately 10².
Why sow Green Manure?
• Bigger, more prolific crops - green manures will lift or fix nitrates into your soil to provide this essential element for your harvests
• Easier digging - deep rooting green species can help to loosen and aerate soil
• Reduce the need to use chemical fertilisers - environmentally friendly
• Less weeding - assists with keeping weeds down!
• Less chemical pest control - helps control pests and provides shelter for beneficial insects
• Can suppress soil borne pest and diseases!
Full growing instructions included. Sowing period: Mid September to mid October. Incorporation: February until late April.
Please note that when several items are ordered they may not all be delivered at the same time.
Packet seed only will incur a carriage charge of £2.99.
All other products incur a carriage charge of £4.99.
Non Standard Deliveries
Very Large items
Prices include VAT where applicable.
There aren't currently any reviews for this product. Be the first to leave a review below.
Green Manure Seed - Winter Mix