A true superfood with extremely high levels of vitamins and antioxidants. Specially bred for extra nutrition, it contains the same antioxidants as blueberries. Ensure the fruit ripens completely before picking (past the fully black stage, when the skin becomes suffused with shades of indigo/rose), and enjoy it fresh, or even better, cooked. Smoky barbecue flavour. High disease resistance. (Cordon variety - one stem grown by pinching off side-shoots as they appear, needs staking and tying in.) Supplied in a 10cm pot.
- The fruit are exceptionally disease resistant and long-lasting
- They boast a mouth-watering fresh tomato taste with unique plummy overtones
- The flesh holds its structure when cooked – making it a must for salsas and sauces
- It’s a GM free zone!- the result of years of careful breeding work
- It’s remarkably easy to grow in a greenhouse or in a sunny spot outside
- Grafted for superior performance and up to 75% heavier crops!
Where leaves shade the fruit, the skin will ripen to a deep rose, where the fruits are in full sun, the skin will turn its unique indigo black colour. Go on, give it a try!